In this episode of the Profitable Practice Podcast, I interview Brandon Lucero about his experience of the spiritual side of business growth. There’s a lot of ego with business; never wanting to show failure; never wanting to show weakness; always wanting to paint this gorgeous/lavish picture of how “wonderful life is”… The truth that any entrepreneur who’s been in business longer than a hot minute knows that it’s actually very messy process and it takes grit. It challenges and changes you, just as much as your health education did to become a new person.
The Spiritual Side of Business Growth is Very Real – and The Truth Is It’s A Messy Creative Process.
People are always promoting their success: BIG numbers, the BIG email list, the BIG flashy cars and lifestyles… but often, when you peel back the curtain, the reality behind the business is not how it is portrayed by the owner or in their marketing. The “fake it ’till you make it” sentiment is a whole lot of hot air.
I don’t find that attractive. I, like most people, look for the real… authentic… caring person to invest in. Especially when it comes to health practitioners.
You want the practitioner who:
- Isn’t over-marketing themselves and hiding behind BIG promises and then fails to deliver.
- Sells you on working with them, but without you actually feeling “sold to”.
- Is upfront with the terms and conditions of care, instead of masking it behind complicated packages/offers/promos – when you always end up confused and feeling like you’re probably being scammed.
This may surprise you, but when I listen to practitioners tell their stories or how their practice is growing, or the struggles that they’ve had, I never listen at face value. As I continue to work with someone, I will pay attention to how the stories are being told, ask what are the gaps that they are NOT telling me, or ask what should I be reading between the lines here.
So, that’s why it an honour and a pleasure to introduce you to Brandon Lucero, founder of SoldWithVideo.com in this episode. I’ve been a student of his for roughly 2 years. Because he is the refreshing type of person who tells it like it is. He is so honest about it all: No hot air. No hiding the truth. No ego. More than that, I have never worked with a 7-figure entrepreneur who is still just as dedicated to each of his students and mentoring us personally in his courses, as much as I have seen Brandon do this. He’s successful in business AND we even get to talking about manifestation, crystals, and how the “woo woo” actually helps him in his business in a no BS kind of way.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- [2:42] Don’t take biz advice from someone who is too shiny!
- [6:13] Brandon Lucero’s incredible rollercoaster of a business journey.
- [17:19] The perspective that got him comfortable enough to completely wipe the slate clean, re-invent his business, and start over.
- [22:40] Disruption of the traditional “life checklist” and the entrepreneurial mindset of the future.
- [26:50] On dealing with blow back from others for not following the traditional path.
- [30:21] Integrating spirituality into your workday and your business.
- [37:58] Brandon’s best advice for a new entrepreneur who wants to be successful.
After you’ve listened to the episode, I would love to hear about how you experience the spiritual side of your business!
How has business growth and personal growth caused you to change as a person? Do you have a messy story of business growth? Share it in the comments below and let me know! I love getting to chat with you about your practice and helping you grow it!
If you are looking for feedback on something you are struggling with, share as much detail as you can! I read every post and am happy to provide thoughts and feedback to help you break through to the next level.
As always, thank you so much for listening in to the podcast.
Your commitment to learning and developing yourself both on the practical and the spiritual side of business growth. It certainly matters to your paycheck, but also to the patients who are just waiting for you to shine your light bright enough they can find you!
- Brandon Lucero’s Main Website: SoldWithVideo.com
- Brandon’s 4X Effect Freebie
- Episode 103 – A further discussion on how perception is not always reality in business.
- Episode 092 – Another example of how to use the power of manifestation in a no BS way to build your practice.
Ready to stretch yourself and get your clinic poised for ma$$ive growth?
The MAXIMize Your Clinic online course will guide you through every step of the way and help you get your wellness practice running profitably. I’ll show you how to take the right steps to take in the right order. You can have your systems, processes, programs and launches all created and implemented in as little as 3-months!