In this episode of the Profitable Practice Podcast, Dr. Andrea has a healthy debate with FullScript rep and holistic nutritionist Debra Wolf about whether an in-office or offline dispensary is better for your practice.
Wondering if you should choose an online or in-office supplement dispensary for your practice? Tune in for all the pros and cons.
Ok folks… we’re finally going to break down one of the most asked questions… Should you have an in-office or online dispensary?
This is actually an episode I should have done WAY sooner than now. It is one of THE most commonly asked questions I get from my listeners, online students, and coaching clients.
As many of you know, I am a solid fan of the in-office dispensary. (In fact, I have an entire training on managing your in-office dispensary the smart way inside my MAXIMize Your Clinic course.)
But online dispensaries have some serious benefits to offer – especially if you are a new practitioner. So, to get some answers for you, I brought on Debra Wolf for a healthy debate on the subject!
Nutritionist & Practitioner Specialist
- The benefits of having your own dispensary as a practitioner
- The pros and cons of an in-office dispensary
- The pros and cons of an online dispensary
- Is it possible to do both?
- Strategies that are helpful if you have an in-office dispensary in the beginning
- What should a profit-sharing look like on a dispensary split
- Online dispensary strategies
- The amazing revenue boost of supplement flash sales
Tune in to find out the answers:
In this episode:
- [5:22] Debra’s journey from offline to online dispensary
- [7:31] Questions to answer about your type of practice before deciding on a dispensary format.
- [13:18] The 2 main reasons that prompted Debra to make the move TO an online dispensary and why Dr. Maxim is firmly in the offline dispensary camp.
- [17:57] Prescription fulfillment logisitics and considerations
- [22:40] Managing Your Stock: The Big Balancing Act
- [25:41] Running Flash Sales
- [28:30] Compliance and Refills
- [29:50] Additional FullScript Features – Customer Service, EMR Integration
- [31:29] Making The Sale and Check Out Options
- [34:39] Debra’s Last Words o’ Wisdom: On Using FullScript to learn what your in-clinic inventory SHOULD be
Now that you’ve listened to the episode, Debra and I would love to hear from you!
Have you been debating which type of dispensary to run? Perhaps you are looking to switch or expand services – how will you change things up? What questions are still holding you back?
If you are looking for feedback on a new idea for your practice, share as much detail as you can in the comments below. I read every post and am happy to provide thoughts and feedback on how to manage your practice’s dispensary and helping you break through to the next level in your business
As always, thank you so much for listening in this week. Your commitment to learning and improving your practice’s business operations matters – not just to your bottom line, but to the patients who are just around the corner, waiting for you to show up blow their minds with your excellent care. Let’s make sure you are ready for them!
P.S. Know you need to make some changes in your practice to make it less overwhelming and more profitable for yourself, then check out my FREE Business Roadmap! It’s my favourite and most popular podcast episodes all in one spot… So no matter what you’re struggling with, you’re sure to find something helpful in the archives.
Other Episodes you might enjoy:
- The Real Story of Growing a Business: Interview with Jill Stanton – PPP: 067
- Creating an Online Food Program: Interview with Jennifer Haessler – PPP: 044
- The Truth About Starting an Online Business: Interview with Dr. Erica Robinson, ND PPP: 031
Ready to get your whole practice humming along on a solid foundation?
The MAXIMize Your Clinic online course will guide you through every step of the way and help you get your wellness practice running profitably. Inside, I show you how to take the right steps to take in the right order. You can have your systems, processes, programs and launches all created and implemented in as little as 3-months!