In the past year, Dr. Peris has been doing some amazing and inspiring things in her practice and community… and she’s got everyone’s attention! In this episode of the Profitable Practice Podcast, I interview Dr. Michelle Peris, ND to discuss what’s responsible for the recent transformation in her business and how to start a membership program as a wellness practitioner.
How to start a group membership program as a wellness practitioner, create a patient community, and sky-rocket your business.
Today was a very special show for me!
I bring back Dr. Michelle Peris – “Dr. Mom, ND” – who was one of the first people that I interviewed when The Profitable Practice Podcast was just getting started. You’d be amazed at what this inspiring woman has become since then. After the episode, I definitely encourage you to go back, and listen to her first interview with me – it’s like she’s a different person!
The journey of the entrepreneur will do that to you. Much like getting your professional education molds you into a practitioner – the journey to becoming a successful business owner has it’s own fire of transformation.
So what is Michelle doing to get everyone’s attention?
She really listened to her community and what they wanted.
Then she put on her blinders and made a commitment to grow that ONE THING that served them best – a membership program directly from her, their wellness practitioner. It just so happens to also bring her joy and purpose to boot! A co-incidence? I think not. 😉
She now has a beautiful and thriving business:
- her personal practice is fully booked,
- her associates are thriving and building their practices too, and
- the women and patients in her office are loving it.
- her marketing and branding is both gorgeous and on-point
Take note: It is such a smart and strategic idea for you to focus on creating/promoting ONE major aspect of your business in your marketing – and let that dictate your entire brand design, brand messaging, and what you are always promoting.
I think how she’s set up her business is just phenomenal. In the episode, we dig into how to start a membership program as a wellness practitioner. This episode is jam-packed with nuggets of entrepreneurial wisdom, and Dr. Michelle’s upbeat personality makes her fun to listen to. Enjoy!
In This Episode:
- [2:04] How focussing on the one thing you want to stand for can make your marketing a cinch.
- [3:43] My word of the year for (2019)
- [6:19] The evolution of Dr. Michelle Peris’ practice and clinic from single practitioner to multidisciplinary clinic with all the bells and whistles
- [7:40] How Dr. Peris grew a whole new branch of her practice out of the recognition of a problem and how that has blossomed into multiple revenue streams for her practice.
- [13:25] Her growth catalyst: The missing pieces she found that made it possible to manifest all of this amazing growth
- [17:42] Breaking out of analysis paralysis – just launch and learn!
- [21:18] What the structure of the group visit and program looks like in Dr. Peris’ clinic and how it has evolved over multiple iterations.
- [30:09] Dr. Peris’ on launching a new podcast!
- [33:09] On learning to delegate and build a team
- [35:25] An honest discussion of growing pains and the smartest group program pricing strategy I’ve ever heard
After you’ve listened to the episode, I would love to hear from you!
What group program are you dreaming about creating for your patients? Of course you don’t *have* to start a membership program as a wellness practitioner in order to be successful. There are so many things you could do to really improve the lives of your patients and your business! If not a membership program, what is that ONE project that you are really going to shine with?
Leave a comment below and let me know! I love getting to chat with you about your ideas for growing your practice and helping you make them a reality.
If you are dreaming about offering something really great to your patients but aren’t sure how to make it happen, I’m here for you! It’s exactly why I offer 30 Min FREE strategy calls, so I can get to know YOU, your practice, and of course, help you bring your special project into the world.
As always, thank you so much for listening and learning with me this week. Your commitment to learning the business aspect of growing your practice matters... Not only to you, but to your future patients and practitioners who want to be working with you. You know it’s time for you to build something great. Let’s get to work.
P.S. Feeling overwhelmed and stuck in building your health and wellness practice? Not making the money you think you should be? Let me help you. Click this link, and book your FREE 30 min Practice Strategy Call now. We can get you un-stuck. Promise!
- Episode FREEBIE: Click the link to book your “Practice Strategy Call with Dr. Andrea”
- Previous episode: The Truth About Being a MomPreneur with Dr. Michelle Peris, ND [PPP 063]
- Dr. Peris’ Clinic Website & Rebel Tribe Group Program Info: https://poppyclinic.com/
- Peris’ New Podcast – Rebel Talk (<– iTunes Link)
Want to Triple Your Practice Cash Flow? Find Out In My FREE Masterclass For Health and Wellness Practitioners
You will learn how to:
- Put a client system in place from the very first appointment otherwise it can crash your business
- Stop pouring money down the drain and create a system to keep track of 100% of your patients
- Easily put together an e-mail campaign sequence to re-engage your list/old patients
- Easily create a social media campaign to keep the new leads flowing
About My Guest
Dr. Michelle Peris
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Owner
The Poppy Clinic
Connect with Michelle: Yooying
Dr. Michelle Peris is a Naturopathic Doctor and clinic director of The Poppy Clinic serving women in Oakville and the surrounding areas who are “so over feeling sick or staying home with a sick child (again)”.
Through teaching women of all ages and life stages how to listen to their bodies and tune into the wisdom inside, she helps them create a life that feels good to live, with energy and passion that had been long forgotten.
Her clinical focus is on women and children, hormone health, and digestion. She is the proud creator of Dr Mom ND, an online resource for health-conscious mamas and their natural babies. As a speaker and creator of the Rebel Tribe, she loves giving and facilitating talks about wellness, mindfulness, and living our best life. Also, she’s a contributor to several podcasts.
And, when she’s not working through health concerns with my patients, you’ll find her sipping bulletproof coffee, hanging out with my rebel tribe, playing with her two young kids, or staying up entirely too late with her husband and their goofy pets.