Today we’re peeling away the curtain so we can talk about money. We’re going to discuss knowing where your money is, managing your money, and how to avoid any heart attacks, that can definitely happen around tax season. We’re talking to Shannon Lee Simmons on this episode and she’s going to go over how to manage your finances better.
Shannon is a Certified Financial Planner and founder of the New School of Finance. She was named one of Canada’s Top 30 Under 30, the 2014 Notable Award for Best In Finance. Shannon has a monthly column for Globe and Mail personal finance section and is the personal finance expert on CBC’s On The Money.
After listening to this episode you’ll be prepared in managing your money better and your business will most definitely benefit from that.
Questions I Asked Shannon:
- What got you into the financial planning realm?
- What prompted you to focus on your particular niche?
- Why is it so important to register your business?
- What happens if your business makes more money than you expected
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Shannon’s biggest tips for an entrepreneur in the first few years of their business.
- The importance of tracking your profits.
- How you can lower your tax bill.
- The various meanings of “registering your business.”
- Shannon’s guidelines for writing off business expenses.
Connect with Shannon:
Other Episodes You May Enjoy: