Today I’m talking to Mariah McCullough. When I met her, we were sitting in a workshop and she was talking about how she created a list of 0-6000 just by doing an online challenge. No bells and whistles, no frills, no gimmicks, no major tech stuff. She just put it out there and it manifested into something wonderful. She was doing this while being a mom and while working a full-time corporate job. She is now using that list to build some residual income. I know that a lot of us who are listening to this show are also trying to tap into the “build your tribe” space and while listening to Mariah I thought that she had a really unique way of doing it. She also did it from a very authentic, a very real, and a very non-agenda-y (how am I going to make money? How am I going to make sales?) kind of place, which I feel a lot of us can get caught up in. “What if I don’t make any money on this? Is it worth it? What if I don’t get anybody to sign up? Is it worth my time?” And sometimes when we just do things organically and just because we love it, the abundance comes to us anyway.
Today’s sponsor my Complete 5 Day Lead Magnet Challenge. This is the complete recording of the challenge that I did a couple months back. You get all of the emails, all of the live calls, every live training video. From start to finish, I walk you through the step by step, steps that you need to take to create a highly a highly converting lead magnet. This is exactly on par with what we’re talking about today: the main way Mariah got all of those people to opt into her free challenge, was using a Facebook ad that converted at 30 cents per lead which were just targeted to North America.
Questions I Asked Mariah:
- How did sharing your story help you create bonds with people who found you on Facebook?
- How should someone try to let go of expectations they place on themselves?
- How has your challenge evolved now that you know your group so well?
- What are your goals for your list?
- What would you say to people who are hesitant to reach out to their audience?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What one of Mariah’s main marketing strategies are.
- How to appeal and reach the audience you want.
- The benefits of creating a challenge to grow your reach.
- Tips Mariah has to maintain a successful challenge.
Connect with Mariah: